Developmental Medicine & Child Psychology
Many children struggle with a range of developmental and behavioral issues.
The Integrative Medical Institute-Pediatric Adolescent Mental Health Program provides developmental evaluation and treatment services for children and adolescents with a wide range of developmental, behavioral and learning difficulties.
We use a comprehensive approach to our care. Our staff includes a physician, neuropsychologist, clinical psychologists, clinical social workers, nursing staff, a psychometrician, and a marriage and family therapist. We have available a range of consultants including neurology and speech and language therapist.
We will work with families to determine the best and most effective diagnostic and treatment modalities in which to evaluate your child. Our team works with children and families to identify a child’s unique strengths and challenges and to develop a family-centered and culturally sensitive treatment plan that is designed to help a child reach their greatest potential!
We strive to help you, your child and the family in several ways:
- Clinical practice: Our advanced multi-modal, multi-disciplinary treatment programs works by thorough early diagnosis and evidence-based treatment protocols geared to specific disorders in order to maximize the quality of your child’s and families life. Through our treatment, team members are able to provide a range of conventional and non-conventional interventions. Our interventions range from developmentally appropriate individual and family psychotherapies including play and family modalites to cognitive neruo-rehabilitation and brain enhancement training.
- Nutritional Intervention: Nutritional Intervention are a major part of our treatment plan a remains a core part of our philosophy which is to enhance development, attention, impulse control and emotional modulation. Our nutritional interventions are specifically tailored to the biological needs of each child. We arrive at these plans via evidence based modalities including blood and urine and, if warranted, hair analysis.
We have expertise in the following areas:
- Autism Spectrum Disorders and other developmental disabilities
- Attention and behavioral disorders including ADHD and associated conditions including oppositional-defiant behavior
- Adjustment disorders
- Cognitive challenges including intellectual disabilities
- Developmental delays including speech and language problems
- Discipline difficulties
- Elimination problems such as complicated toilet-training issues, enuresis (bedwetting), and encopresis (soiling)
- Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
- Learning challenges and other school-related learning problems
- Mood problems including anxiety and depression
- Regulatory disorders including sleep and feeding problems
- Tics, Tourette syndrome, and other habit disorders