Therapies & Modalities
The Integrative Medical Institute utilizes a variety of techniques and modalities to help treat our patients mind, body and soul as one.
Our advanced staff of psychologists, licensed clinical social works, marriage & family therapist and educational consultant work to create an individual and unique treatment plan for each patient.
These treatments may include:
- Mental Health Therapy/Talk Therapy
- Psychological Counseling
- Play Therapy
- Child/Adolescent Group Therapy
- Parent/Educational Consulting
- Family Therapy
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent therapies(FSM)
- Yoga Therapy for Kids
- Neurofeedback “Brain training” for kids
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)- a therapeutic technique used to help children overcome strong emotions, stressful events and traumas. EMDR can help in treating a variety of emotional and behavioral issues and works well to help children increase self esteem a sense of well being.
- Somatic Psychotherapy/EFT/Tapping- focuses on the interconnectedness of mind and body. This type of therapy uses body awareness/understanding to help alleviate stress, mental and physical suffering. Techniques such as EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) and body tapping combine talk therapies with principals of acupuncture to focus on certain body meridian points to calm the nervous system, reduce negative emotions and restore balance. These techniques can also be an excellent adjunct to goals of peak performance in academics, testing, athletics and other activities. Somatic therapy is also used in the treatment of chronic pain, migraines, fears/ phobias, anxiety and sleep problems. These learned techniques can often be practiced by the client at home or school and are safe for children as young as two years old!
Mystified By Your Child’s Behavior? We Can help
We prefer to use natural biological remedies when possible coupled with our work with the child and family. Our team approach includes education, teaching family about health related issues as well as effective methods of interventions that can be used at home that would enhance optimal health and performance.